Driving Under The Influence Causes Serious Accidents
Over 60 Years Of Combined Experience Helping Victims In Northeast Florida
At Canan Law, we understand the extreme emotional and physical toll of a drunk driving accident. Our attorneys have over 60 years of combined legal experience dealing with complicated auto accident cases in St. Augustine, St. Johns County, Northeast Florida and on I-95.
We know what needs to be done, whom to talk to get results and how to help you get your life back on track. Our lawyers often:
- Negotiate with the insurance company: When negotiations fail to produce a satisfactory settlement offer, we can file a claim against the drunk driver’s car insurance carrier demanding full compensation for the losses and injuries you sustained as a result of the collision.
- Leverage the driver’s DUI conviction: If the drunk driver is convicted of a crime or leaves the accident scene, this can be used to leverage a better outcome in your civil suit for damages.
- File a wrongful death suit: If the drunk driving accident resulted in a fatality, we might be able to help recover compensation on behalf of your loved one.
- Pursue compensation through your policy: If the drunk driver does not have automobile insurance coverage, we can help you obtain coverage under a specific provision of your plan.
- Seek punitive or “punishment” damages: for a drunk driver who negligently and recklessly causes an accident resulting in bodily injury.
Don’t Be Victimized By A Drunk Driver — Take Legal Action Today
If a drunk driver hits you or a loved one, it is imperative that you take steps to protect your rights now and in the future. We care about our community and its members and make a considerable effort to help our fellow neighbors recover rightful compensation — and deter incidents from happening again.
Call us at 904-824-9402 to set up a free consultation, or reach out to us via our online form.