Get to Know Attorney Julie Kurtz
Julie K. Kurtz joined Canan Law in 2008 after earning her Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law, cum laude. She is an equity partner, and her practice focuses on personal injury and civil litigation. Julie is admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- Florida, 2008
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2016
Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- J.D. cum laude – 2008
- Honors: Pro Bono Honors Award
- Law Review: Florida Coastal Law Review, Staff Editor, 2006 – 2008
University of Colorado, Boulder
- B.A. – 2002
- Major: English
- A New Beginning: Bush v. Holmes, 8 Fla. Coastal L. Rev. 163 , Summer, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Star (Personal Injury Law), 2017
- St. Johns County Legal Aid Pro Bono Award, 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- St. Johns County Bar Association, Vice President, 2016 – Present
- St. Johns Association for Women Lawyers, Vice President, 2016 – Present
- St. Johns County Bar Association, President, 2017 – Present
- St. Johns Association for Women Lawyers, President, 2017 – 2018
Past Employment Positions
- Law Clerk Intern to the Honorable Thomas E. Morris, United States Magistrate Judge, Jacksonville, Florida, 2007
Always in Your Corner
When you are facing a legal matter, it can seem like everything is spinning out of control. Our team works to slow things down and present you with all of your options in order to fulfill your best interests.
The attorneys at Canan Law all live in the community they work in and truly care about the people who they are helping. They also know of all the individuals in the legal and court systems in the area.
When you hire one Canan Law attorney, you hire us all. We make it a point to work with our whole team on your case to ensure there is always somebody available to answer your questions.
Our team of attorneys has over 250 combined jury trials. We are not afraid to take your case to trial to ensure you are getting everything you need & deserve.