Your St. Augustine car accident attorney works on a contingency basis, which means that he will only receive remuneration for his services if your case is successful. However, there are certain costs that may occur while preparing your case that will be your responsibility to pay regardless of the outcome of your case; this is because it is not financially possible for attorneys to pay such costs out of pocket.
Paying the Additional Fees
When you think of it, your St. Augustine car accident attorney will expend a considerable amount of time and effort preparing a successful case on your behalf and is taking a calculated risk that it will pay off. Having clients pay for sundry costs that come up is really the only way he can stay financially viable.
Common Additional Costs
Please note that the following is not a complete list of all possible items that may be regarded as additional costs. As they occur your St. Augustine car accident attorney may ask you to pay:
- Medical Report Fees: Doctors’ offices do not provide copies of these reports' gratis. The cost may be minimal, but may also top $100.
- Experts and their Reports: In some claims attorneys need to seek information from experts. The cost for analyzing your case information/injuries and preparing a report will need to be passed on to you.
- Photocopies: Your attorney will likely need to make a significant number of photocopies of documents in preparing your case.
- Phone Charges: It is possible that long-distance phone calls will need to be made. You will be expected to pay the service charges.
- Litigation: If it proves necessary to take your case to trial, certain filing fees and other related costs will need to be paid.
If You Have Been Injured
If you have been injured in a car accident because another party was negligent, you may have grounds to file a claim. It is possible to receive compensation for the cost of medical treatment, loss of wages, pain, suffering, and more. Call St. Augustine car accident attorney Patrick Canan to schedule a free consultation at (904) 849-2266.