Get to Know Attorney Andrew Morgan
Andrew T. Morgan is an equity partner with Canan Law. His practice specializes in family and criminal law. He has worked extensively in St. Johns, Duval, Flagler and Putnam counties in matters involving high net-worth family law litigation and complex criminal defense. His family law litigation cases routinely include the valuation and distribution of business entities such as medical practices, restaurants, professional practices, construction companies and retail stores. Additionally, he has extensive experience in divorces that involve a high wage earner and alimony defense or request. His criminal experience involves litigation both as a defense attorney and as an Assistant State Attorney. While at the State Attorney’s Office, he handled cases ranging from misdemeanors to offenses punishable by life in prison. Since leaving the State Attorney’s Office, he has defended high profile and complex criminal cases including but not limited to murder, DUI, DUI manslaughter, sexual battery, robbery, drug offenses (trafficking and possession) and battery cases (aggravated, felony, domestic).Mr. Morgan has been recognized by several independent and peer review legal services including Super Lawyers. Mr. Morgan is very active in community and professional associations. He is the past president of both the St. Johns and Putnam County Bar Associations, he is a member of the Florida Bar Family Law section and the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He is a past member of the National District Attorneys Association and former Assistant Director of the Republican National Lawyers Association. Mr. Morgan has been a member of the St. Augustine Sunrise Rotary since 2008.
He earned his J.D. in 2005 from Florida Coastal School of Law, his M.B.A. in 2002 from Winthrop University, and his B.A. in 2001 from Eckerd College. He is admitted to the Florida Bar and the United States Middle District of Florida.
He is married and has two sons.
Areas of Practice
- Florida, 2005
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 2009
Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, Florida
- B.A. – 2001
- Major: Business
- M.B.A., Master of Business Administration – 2002
Honors and Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers – Rising Star (Family Law), 2016 – 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- St. Johns County Bar Association, Member (Former President), 2007 – Present
- St. Augustine Sunrise Rotary, Member, 2007 – Present
- Republican National Lawyers Association, Member (Former Asst. director), 2005 – Present
- Putnam County Bar, President
- Florida Family Law, American Inn of Court, Jacksonville, Barrister
- St. Johns County Inn of Court, Barrister
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the State Attorney – 7th Judicial Circuit, Prosecuting Attorney, 2005 – 2007
- Honorable Gary P. Flower, 4th Judicial Circuit, Law Clerk
Pro Bono Activities
- Juvenile Justice Coalition, Vice President
- St. Augustine Rod & Gun Club, Member
- 7th Circuit Judicial Nominating Committee, Governor Scott appointee
- Seventh Judicial Circuit Timesharing Guidelines Committee, Co-Chair
What Sets Canan Law Apart?
Always in Your Corner
When you are facing a legal matter, it can seem like everything is spinning out of control. Our team works to slow things down and present you with all of your options in order to fulfill your best interests.
The attorneys at Canan Law all live in the community they work in and truly care about the people who they are helping. They also know of all the individuals in the legal and court systems in the area.
When you hire one Canan Law attorney, you hire us all. We make it a point to work with our whole team on your case to ensure there is always somebody available to answer your questions.
Our team of attorneys has over 250 combined jury trials. We are not afraid to take your case to trial to ensure you are getting everything you need & deserve.