Boating Accident Lawyers in St. Augustine
Florida is #1 in Waterway and Boating Accidents
Boating accidents on the ocean, St. Johns River, or inland waterways are not an uncommon occurrence. In fact, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC) reported over 730 boating accidents and 55 boating-related deaths in Florida in 2015. Statistics like these are the reason Florida leads the nation in boating accidents. With over 8,000 miles of coastline, it is bound to stay this way for a while.
Compensation for Victims of All Types of Boating Accidents
At Canan Law, our top-ranked attorneys have over 60 years of combined experience. We handle boating accident and injuries cases, as well as wrongful death lawsuits stemming from waterway collisions.
We have successfully represented clients (and their families) who have suffered injury as a result of:
- Water skiing and other towed water sport activities
- Accidents resulting from inadequate boat maintenance
- Falling overboard
- Collisions with other vessels
- Boating while intoxicated (BUI) accidents
We know how to thoroughly investigate and prosecute the nuances of a boating accident case. We often take some of the following actions to advance your case further:
- Research the history of the vessel involved and similar incidents in that area
- Review the boating operator’s driving history and credentials
- Investigate the scene of the incident and interview witnesses
- Research case law for similar instances to support your legal argument
- Review police and Coast Guard records of the incident
- Review medical records and documents regarding your injuries
- Consult expert witnesses
Take a Step Forward — Contact Canan Law for Help
Whether your boating accident occurred in the ocean, the Intracoastal Waterway, or a river, creek, or canal, the experienced lawyers at Canan Law know how to help you get the compensation you need to move forward with your life.